Friday, May 18, 2012

Kitchen Chalkboard


Chalkboards are all the craze right now. I loved the idea of having a chalkboard on the kitchen wall but I just could not bring myself to paint the wall with black. I took down a bunch of pictures to re-decorate a couple months ago and this frame was left over. The inspiration hit when I saw it sitting at the top of the stairs, empty, and such a big beautiful frame. 


Taking out the glass was the hardest part (believe it or not) as the manufacturer put the tabs in after they put the glass in. Once the glass was carefully removed, I painted the backing of the frame (it was a light weight wood) with chalkboard paint (3 coats) and let it dry. Once it was dry, I placed back in the frame and hung up.  My only quirk with it is when I write against the grain, it takes a little more effort. But all in all, it works just as well as it needs to!


Viola! A beautiful framed chalkboard in the kitchen without painting the wall!


No comments:

Post a Comment