Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Custom initial

As I am sure you have seen the initial of your last name displayed is very "in" right now. I, personally, love the look but everyone has one. Thinking about what I could possibly do to make it stand out, I thought about scrapbooking paper! It took less than 20 minutes to do (which is good if you have little kids like me) all while being easy and inexpensive.




What you will need:

  • Wooden initial - Mine was from Michaels and cost under $3 
  • Scrapbooking Paper cut up squares - I have a bunch that I saved from other projects or you can just cut up 3 pages into squares and rectangles.
  • Mod Podge
  • Small Paint Brush
  • Spray Adhesive
What you do:
  • Lay your wooden initial down on a clean surface. 
  • Pick up a retangle and figure out where it would fit best. You may need to trim here and there but really the more colors and shapes the better anyway!
  • Mod Podge each strip with paint brush and lay down on letter. 
  • Once you have them down go over the seams with more mod podge making sure to spread evenly to not leave white streaks.
  • Take outside and spray with adhesive
  • Let dry :-)
Super easy and you can customize to the colors of your home or room it will be displayed in.

ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment