Friday, April 6, 2012

Fun Fur Spring Wreath


The beautiful fun fur Spring time wreath! I saw this over and over and over again before I finally decided I needed to do this! The original post was all in another language but here is the link. I bought the wreath and 2 full rolls of fun fur. I was a little disappointed that my local craft store did not have any plain green fun fur but this turned out even more eye catching with the spring color stripes. This wreath turned out awesome, but I need to warn that it takes a very long time to wrap. When I finished up two full rolls and at least 90 minutes later, the fun fur covered about two thirds of the styrofoam wreath! Quick thinking led me to taking some ribbon I already had laying around and alternating pink and purple around the remaining part of the showing green styrofoam.





I had also bought some artificial daisy flowers and some clusters of fake eggs to put around the wreath. Here is what the flowers looked like.



Note, there is wire on the back so you can easily wrap around the wreath. The fun fur does a good job hiding wires.



For the eggs, I just pulled each cluster of 3 apart and stuck the pick into the styrofoam. I do want to also say that I made the cute little flag that is on the original wreath that says, "barefeet welcome". I used a toothpick and wraped a piece of paper around it, cut into a triangle, and wrote the above saying in marker, then wraped scotch tape around it to stick together but also to laminate it. Well, within a month it had faded to this. I suggest using a sharpie if you decide to do this.



Good luck with your wreath! If you decide to do it, it is a lot of work but I think completely worth it! I get tons of compliments when people come over!



No comments:

Post a Comment