Friday, April 6, 2012

Ice Tray Crayons

I've seen this quite a bit on pinterest and have been saving up the broken crayons. I finally found silicone ice trays at Ikea for $1, so though it was the perfect time to try it out!





The hard part was taking the paper off the crayons, my nails got a bit messed up, and I eventually used a kitchen knife to to score the paper and peel it off. I had my son's break up the bigger pieces and put they in the trays. Then we put them in the oven at 200 degrees, it took about 10-15 mins. I checked them after a few mins, and had to add more crayons once it melted a bit. I think I put some non-crayola crayons which we got from a restaurant, and those did not melt as well.

After taking them out of the over, we left them to cool. I used only the star mold, and when I popped out the crayons some of the tips broke off. I should have used the heart molds, which I also bought but I was saving them to make jello jigglers. The kids didn't mind that a few were broken, and enjoyed coloring with them!





No comments:

Post a Comment