Thursday, April 12, 2012

Reward chart

Now I have 4 year old twin boys and a 2 year old boy, and lately I've been feeling more like a drill Sargent or referee than a mum! I've tried a few different chore/reward chart, but most of them have been too complicated and/or too time consuming for me to stick to! Now I came across this one and it seems fairly simple. We created it today, and I've never seen my boys so excited about a reward chart. All night they were talking about the good things which would let them move up the chart! So I'm keeping my fingers crossed the excitement does not wear off!

The idea came from this site, via pinterest.

 I started off with an assortment of card stock and also found some punch out letters to use. I gave my kids a clothespin each and had them decorate them with markers.

Here is the finished product, I just cut the rectangles from different colored card stock, then taped them together with painting tape. I might laminate it, or at least stick it onto cardboard for more strength. I then put a command strip hook on the side of our entertainment center and used a clip to hold it up. My list reads "Awesome, good job, smiley face, start, unhappy face, oh no!, warning  and time out". Each morning the pins start on "start" and if they do something good, they get to move up one board, something bad, they go down one. Now once they get to time out, it's a time out. There are some things like hitting, which automatically go straight to time out. Each time they reach awesome, they get a marble in a jar. They can trade 10 marbles for 10 or 25 cents (have not decided on the monetary amount yet! I will do a follow up post in a couple of weeks to see how it works for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment