Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Peep Wreath

Photobucket


This inspiration comes from Tried and True's blog. When I set out to do this peep wreath, I thought it would be inexpesive and beautiful. I let my 4 year old help out while my little ones napped. She had a good time until she realized she was not going to be allowed to eat the marshmellow goodness. I did let her pick one to eat though, it was blue if you are curious.

Supplies: 3 packages of peeps, toothpicks, and a styrofoam wreath. I used the green wreath as it was cheaper than the white ones, for some reason.
Photobucket


We started by piercing the peep with a toothpick and trying to stick it in the wreath. This was easier said than done. The toothpick was going through the peep instead of the styrofoam! So quick problem solving lead to me sticking the toothpick in the stryrofoam first and me and my 4 year old then placing the peep ontop. This worked much better for us.
Photobucket

When we finished we were left with a mostly filled peep wreath. There were way too many gaps for me though.
Photobucket



I stared at it for a day before raiding my craft bin and found a bag of feathers. Perfect! A few hot glue gun dots and a pencil to help push the feathers where I wanted them, and I was left with a beautiful, compliment worthy wreath! I just tied the ribbon around the wreath in two places, pushing it between the still soft peeps. Mission accomplished!

Photobucket

And for those wondering.....
It has been up for a month and no I have not had an ant invasian with it (knock on wood!)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment