Sunday, April 8, 2012

Omelet Muffins

This was the first year that I had to make a good Easter breakfast for the family. I quickly went through recipes trying to find a balance between healthy and sweet. In the end I decided to do two recipes: Omelet Muffins and Baked Oatmeal with Bananas.

Here is the Omelet Muffins. I do not normally eat eggs or sausage but I did eat these, they were delicious! Here is the original recipe from Neat Pins. The only thing I changed was not putting in broccoli. The final product was fluffy (not dry like I was afraid it would be). My 4 year old devoured two in one sitting. And I was also afraid they would stick to the pan and turn into basically scrambled eggs. They popped out really easily and kept their shape!


Ingredients1 pound Italian Sausage (sweet, mild, hot variety depending on your preference)
1 cup broccoli florets
8 large eggs
1/4 cup milk (I  used 2% as that was what was in the house)
1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
salt & pepper to taste
Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese as needed
Optional: 1 cup broccoli florets


Preheat oven to 375 F. In a large saute pan, over medium high heat, brown Italian Sausage for about 5 minutes, or until the sausage is no longer pink. Remove from heat (if using, stir in broccoli)



In large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, oil and baking powder. Season with salt and pepper.


Lightly spray a 12 count muffin pan using Pam (I used the butter flavored ones). Spoon out the sausage evenly into each muffin.


  Ladle the egg mixture over sausage and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.


After 20 minutes....


Definitely a great recipe and worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment